
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the food, the smells, the cooler weather, the colors of autumn, and most importantly, the people. There is nothing better than sharing our home with family and friends, and as I look around the table at those who have gathered, my heart is filled with such peace and joy and...wait for it...thanksgiving.
Although I am often frustrated by many things in my daily life, it is times like this when I am reminded of how tremendously blessed I am by all of the amazing people in my life and I am genuinely thankful.
This year was a particularly special because it was the first time Adam and I got to share Thanksgiving with the Brickers. Dustin, Beth, Joshua, and Lauren, with Mattie as co-pilot, drove north from Cedar Rapids to Minneapolis. And to fill the other seats at our table, two dear friends, Katie and Leif, joined us. Sadly, Katie's husband, Dave, had traveled east to visit his family for the holiday and so was unable to join us. We missed Dave, and as we have heard, Dave missed Adam's cooking. Next year, Dave, there's always next year.

I think everyone who was there would agree that Adam, with much help from Beth, and a tiny, little assist from me in the form of my famous apple cream pie, served up the single most spectacular Thanksgiving dinner EVER!
I'll be talking food in my next blog, so more to come on that. For now, though, here are a few photos from our Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Two week after Thanksgiving, a time where I stuffed my pie hole with so much turkey that the mere thought of the bird evokes cries of revolt from my stomach, looking at these pictures makes me lust after a nice, traditional Thanksgiving meal. On this Monday morning, my coffee and croissant look dreary in comparison.
Post a Comment